Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Caffe Amici

Location: 161 Montgomery St., San Francisco

Reviewed: November 20, 2007

Espresso: My shot was served to me in a wide-brimmed ceramic cup with an oversized, but otherwise matching, saucer. The total volume was around 1.5oz. The crema was a pale tan color and initially thick but dissipated rapidly. There was little aroma, leading to little taste other than stale notes with some bitterness in the aftertaste.

Atmosphere: Amici is a very small, bright, and well-lit shop of narrow rectangular proportion. Not much seating.

Verdict: Essentially shrug-worthy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree.

Have you tried Palio Paninoteca? http://coffeeratings.com/review-view.php?ratingId=64

It's a few blocks north of Amici. I've yet to try it because they close at 4pm. I went by it and it's kind of funny that a place with such poor atmosphere can have some of the best espresso in the city. What do you think of the coffeeratings ratings?